View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 05:38 AM   #10
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK Shoe View Post
So what is a "Assault Rifle", any weapon used offensively is a assault weapon. Now is the black scary gun what you object to. limiting magazine size to what? anyone who trains with a firearm should be able to mag change fast enough to make it a moot point. 2nd amendment was never for HUNTING, it was a cushion between the citizens and the government.

You keep referring to the 11 year old kid that shot his dad's girlfriend. No way he legally owned the gun, Must be 18 for long gun and 21 for handgun. His dad could let him use and hunt with it, but not legally own it. In the Carolina's any minor has to be supervised with any weapon. Actually against the law(you actually acknowledge on the 4473 that no minors will have access to the weapon) for a minor to have unsupervised access to a weapon.

How many more hoops should someone have to jump thru to get a weapon. I already get fingerprinted, background mental check, background medical check and background criminal check every five years.
Doesn't seem so easy to get a weapon. Who's to say what I can and can't have. Oh, yea, common sense. I don't believe you should be able to own a car that goes over the speed limit, so let's take your car away, hell, it's not even a civil right to own a car. Then lets go ahead and make drinking alcohol illegal, lots of drunk drivers out there. If it save's only one child, it's worth it right. Might as well get rid of cell phones, texting and driving is leading killer of citizens. More than "Mass shooting", drunk drivers.

Hell, I have a better chance of being killed by a hammer, than an assault rifle.
Talking about " Assault Rifles", most hunting calibers are more destructive than a "Assault rifle caliber"

Now, to common sense. I do believe that some sort of background check should be done ( oh, yea it is) and that some criminal offenses would preclude from owning a weapon ( oh, yea already exists). But maybe if we made it really, really illegal to use a weapon to harm someone, the criminals would obey that one, instead of just really illegal.

I would like to continue to school you on firearm's but your response will be hate filled and insulting. So I will leave it here for now, I can tell from your, "all I need is one well placed shot" that you have never been in a altercation involving firearms. I hope you never have to defend yourself and family with a blackpowder pistol against multiple assailants.
Let me know if I used to big of words, from your insults of our current president, and a organization that defends our civil rights, that you are a democrat, so I can dumb it down to third grade level so you can understand.
Have a blessed holiday ( which ever you celebrate)

MAGA 2020
Just as I figured. All you can do is deflect from my question: Name one mass shooting where the gun was gotten illegally. You can't, so you deflect and go to personal insults. Your premise was that it was the criminals that don't obey gun laws. So by your logic the guns used in mass shootings were illegally acquired. Well the majority weren't, so our current laws are failing us.

So you're for background checks. Good. Now how about background checks at gun shows?

I'm all for drunk driving laws. And since the laws have become more stricter, drunk driving accidents have been declining. You gave a perfect analogy for me. Thanks for making my argument!

And if you think you'll have multiple assailants coming after you, you're either in the wrong line of work or been watching too many movies!

Here's what I'd like to see: Limit magazine sizes, so you can't shoot 30 people in 15 seconds. Force a shooter to take some downtime to reload, so someone can have a change to fight back. That's for starters.

If guns made us safer, at 1.5 guns per capita, we should be the safest country in the world.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah! Rump... I voted for him. Now I'm going to do everything in my power to keep him from getting another term. Now, more than ever I realize that he's nothing but Putin's ********************, and a suck-up to despots.

Yes. we will MAGA when we get rid of this orange turd-stain.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. I hope you haven't lost the true meaning of it.

Last edited by piper6909; 12-25-2019 at 07:37 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote