View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Roadster View Post
Respect your initiative for taking on this project.....Whatever you do just keep us informed of your progress if you would please.....And good luck!
Well I'm trapped in a forced vacation with my wife ATM. I'm so glad to be getting back to the garage in the next few days. Then I can start mocking things up, and poking the car.

I think I am just gonna buy a $125 4.3 off ebay for starters and toss a cam in it. Not even gonna upgrade rods.

I got the blower, and I found a used eddy on ebay as well for $100. Manual choke

Honestly, for the growing crowd of IMS failure guys. I think the 4.3 is the way to go. Naturally asperated and carbed; you won't have to worry about wiring (there are electric chokes but I like to pull the nob). Its 4" shorter than an LS motor so you won't have to cut up the firewall. With a simple cam and an intake you've got almost 300#s of tourque which is more than the 3.4 Porsche engine. And they are CHEAP and plentiful; Kennedy adaptor and a bit of angle iron added to an engine/cam/carb/intake is less than a 3.4 Porsche engine.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote