View Single Post
Old 12-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #5430
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMikkelsen View Post
Nice mod with the Toth spoiler.
I have it at home as well, but haven't mounted it due to the fact that you have mentioned.
So your solution is absolutely the same that I am going for

Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi K, you’re welcome! Not sure this mounting method will work on the gen 1 Thoth spoiler but I’m please with it for the gen 2.

Some additional points on the mounting. My clearance between the spoiler and trunk lid was too tight for the screw heads when the spoiler was up. I was able to grind down the stainless steel screw heads, retaining enough material to still be able to securely tighten the screws. I didn’t want to counter sink the the front screws because I wanted to retain as much of the spoiler material as possible.

For the underside rear edge I was screwing directly into the fiberglass so I used coarse thread screws, was really careful not to over tighten them and put a dab of clear acrylic on the screw heads. The front screws really do most of the work securing the spoiler and the bottom screws mostly snug it up so it should be ok for the long haul. I’ll keep an eye on it and mod in some threaded inserts or something if needed.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote