Thread: Brakes on rs60
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
Jasper_Boxst

I went and read several period reviews of the RS60 and each article highlights the changes that were made to the stock Boxster to bring about the "RS60" model. It's basically, the engine, the interior, and the 19" wheels. None of the articles mentioned anything about brakes. The only mention I did read was the comment on how good "Porsche's world class braking" is considering that the Boxster S has a top speed of 169mph and the RS60 has a 170mph top... I would assume that they share the same major components which are primarily made up or derived of 996 and 997 parts.

What does make the brakes different on the RS60 vs the S, Special Edition and limited edition Boxster of 2008 is that some of the smaller components of the brake systems are borrowed from the 991 GT3, the 951 (944 Turbo), and the 930!

Check Sunset for the breakdown on the part numbers for the parts that you need for the RS. I did a little cross checking with part numbers (RS60-left front brake caliper) and for instance, 996-351-425-11 ($505) is a part shared by with the Boxster S, Cayman(S), and the ltd/special editions. But it isn't the same as 996-351-431-31($753) the caliper for the 911 - which is priced 50% more. Be funny if the parts were identical and Porsche didn't want 996/911 owners using less expensive, but identical, Boxster parts...

I also second Sunset Parts as a great resource. (No personal connection to them) They usually have the lowest prices, shipping costs are inline or less, and they usually ship within 24hours as soon as the order comes in. If they don't have the part (which happens) then check Pelican obviously as they usually have everything in stock.

Last edited by Jasper_Boxst; 12-18-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Jasper_Boxst is offline   Reply With Quote