View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
Qingdao

100% gonna have to fab.

I was gonna just do a piece of 1/2" aluminium. Tap some holes in the top to bolt the eaton to it and bolt the bottom to match the 4.3 intake. That'll also give the ability to position the snout where I want it in-between the alternator and A/C compressor.

Accessory position is the reason why I've chosen the 96-02 chevy 4.3. The accessories on the 4.3 almost line up perfect with the accessories on the German H6 engines. So all I have to do is break out my line lock crimp tool and fab up some hoses. (that's a big fingers crossed there LOL)

As for engine building I am just going to put a healthy cam in it and some good pistons and rods. Maybe some light weight rockers for show. Nothing too spectacular; I just want about 300whp maybe 350 if I'm lucky. BUT the torque should be to die for.

One question I'm wrestling with is weather or not to buy new springs. I like the stock ride height but I don't know how much the original springs have sagged over the 20 years of life. Especially since this thing has like original struts on it (its a motor boat) so I'm sure these springs might be "sprung out". Just don't know if its worth the cash to toss in some new oem springs.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote