View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
986Eve

Hmm... A bit more.

The car has been babied. Literally wiped with diapers.

I've been good to the car less a few times I over revved past the red line.

On Tuesday I raced an R8 off the line (and have only done this type of driving a handful of times) and I could feel the shifting was not perfect and there was some slop. Where i revved past the red line as the clutch pedal was not as quick as it needed to be.

The clutch pedal has been tight although actuation seems as it was only at the end of the pedal travel. To the point it's easy to cough out the car in first gear and has happened once a week for the last few months.

The clanking was rotary. Very very loud metal banging on a 1 to 1.5 second interval with about 3 very loud clanks.

I would adjust to quiet the car attempting to limp her home. As first gear was making a ruckus with the clanking I tried second gear and I'm fairly sure I had nothing. When I would rev over 1500rpm ish the clanking started.

About 12 clanks total and then silence. First gear was gone and there is no mechanical connection today.

I have not looked at or under as it is... awkward, raining today and you guys (and gals) know where I should start...

Last edited by 986Eve; 12-12-2019 at 09:31 AM.
986Eve is offline   Reply With Quote