View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 05:07 AM   #16
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Fred, many years ago I was living in Colorado (many deer as well..) and back then my motorcycle riding friends used a gizmo (kind of whizzle, only audible to animals) that you installed on the fork and produced a high pitch sound with the moving airflow to alert the deer.

Perhaps was a novelty back then (that didn't work) as I have not heard anything about it since then..
Hi Gilles, when I was growing up in central Texas my dad used those on all his cars, trucks and bikes. They’re still available.

In fact I have a powered, active deer ‘pinger’ on my R1100S which I use unless I’m in town. Same controversy about whether it works but I figure it can’t hurt. It actually emits a complex, multi-tiered sound that is pretty weird and intrusive when you’re trying to enjoy a peaceful ride. No good solutions I guess.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote