View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #15
Jasper_Boxst

I replaced my switch yesterday and I went from under the dash. The repair was made more difficult by a red sealant that was placed on top of the set screws and I had to (painfully) chip it away in dust sized pieces to finally get to the flat head slot.

I originally started out with a jewelers / eye repair flat head screw driver and it was too long. Cut about an inch off and that worked for the unthreading the lower screw. The top screw was locked in and not turning and there was no way to get decent enough torque on the thin jewelers screw driver. Went to the hardware store to find a stubby screwdriver with a small enough flat head to insert into the hole where the set screw was. I picked up the smallest I could find and resigned myself to grinding it down to size. Then... something caught my eye and I went with it. It was a Finger Bit screwdriver and as soon as I tried it on the top set screw it was out in seconds! Perfect for this job.

The job is a pain in the back... it might have taken 1 hour at the most, the red sealant made the job twice as long. After that? For me, The hardest part is getting the plastic vent tube on. I still only have it on one side. Anyone have a trick to getting both sides firmly connected together?

Last edited by Jasper_Boxst; 12-10-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Jasper_Boxst is offline   Reply With Quote