Thread: New Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 05:09 AM   #5
rfuerst911sc

To the OP what are your expectations of an " upgrade " ? Do you just want more sound ? More performance ? Lighter weight ? On my S I have had the stock muffler , a Dansk sausage muffler , a GHL twin can , a Mille Miglia single can and now running a stock muffler with a home done PSE . All of the aftermarket mufflers I have used are louder and lighter than stock . But not any noticeable performance gains on the Dyno . The GHL like most twin can mufflers had noticeable drone . The Dansk was almost as quiet as stock with no drone.

So far the Mille Miglia has been the best compromise for my setup . It is 10 lbs. lighter than stock , is single can with just a tiny amount of drone. I am going to try wrapping the muffler and install some exhaust inserts into the tips to see if I can lower or eliminate the tiny bit of drone .

Currently I am running the stock muffler modified to mimic the PSE from Porsche . Between 3K - 4K it is LOUD !!! I didn't expect it to be this loud so going to experiment with the MM . My engine is a unique Jake Raby build it is a 3.6 short stroke . Between that and the way he set the cam timing the engine has a very unique exhaust cadence . Good luck with whatever you purchase but be wary of claims of big power just by changing the muffler .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote