Thread: 2008 rs60 price
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #7
joliver3

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Mileage and condition have a huge impact on price with these cars. The ones bringing the higher prices will be < 40K mi, no paintwork, and manual trans. Yes, you can find lower priced examples with 50-60K mi. And most Porsche buyers do not want cars that have been painted, so price drops accordingly if panels have been painted. I've seen the ad for the RS60 in LA for $28.5 but I think it has 50K+ miles (the ad has either expired or he sold it). I tossed around buying it as a Wheeler Dealer car, but it had a few too many miles for me to make anything on it. My experience has been it's harder to sell a Porsche when they get over 40K mi, not impossible, but harder. I chuckle sometimes because if my 2 cars came up for sale (they won't, so don't get excited Frodo), I wouldn't buy them to resell because they both have too many miles (60K). But if you're willing to put up with higher miles, there are good deals out there.

Also in play are the asking prices of 987.2 Ss. I'm shocked at some of the prices I've seen on these - anywhere in the $30s with quite a few in the mid to upper $30s. I had a guy in SF wanting me to find him a 987.2 Box S with PDK. I looked for 5 mo. and couldn't find anything that was reasonably priced with decent miles. Since I started my 928 project, I'm less inclined to buy something right now, so I helped him buy a 981 Box S. Plenty of those available. So the 987.2 prices raise the ceiling on the 08 special editions. And all these are asking prices, but aren't out of line when you see 06 Cayman Ss in the mid-20s.

My guess is the BAT car bids up to $30K and is RNM.
Hard to see much to argue with in there! And I guess I did kind of lose track of the original poster's comment about 45k miles....

I was looking at 987.1 S's with manual transmissions only, and was aware of the RS60s but figured there was no way I could afford one, until I started seeing the higher mileage ones. When the one popped up in Columbus, only 3.5 hours from home, I couldn't resist.

The mileage thing is funny. I didn't want a car that's "all used up", but I bought it to drive, so I'm not too worried about it. I'll probably put about 5k miles / year on it, and I definitely wouldn't want one with low enough mileage that I'd have to think about what I was doing to the value of it every time I started it up. And I know what will happen to the front end of it driving it in Michigan, so the repaint didn't bother me in the least. :-)
joliver3 is offline   Reply With Quote