Thread: Another new guy
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
PKmode

Another new guy

Hey All,

I just scored this lovely 2003 Boxster S 6spd a few weeks back. Basalt black metallic on Graphite Grey with small dark wood trim package. LiTronic headlights, p16 PCM 2.0. Comfort leather. Seems well equipped. So far I've been enjoying it but I had a PPI done and have a list of things to take care of. I've purchased most of the parts it needs and will be DIY most things. I'm an avid car enthusiast and this is one of three German cars in the driveway. I have plans to sort out any small issues over the winter and enjoy the car thoroughly next year.

These include but are not limited to:
CV boots (all four on rear axles). Got the C-clips and seals as well as all clamps and grease.
Updated 987 engine mount and stops to match
Sway bar end links. Had some loose ones so replace as sets.
Fuel door actuator.
Blown trunk shocks. Replaced with new.
Broken side marker bulb. Replaced with OEM Euro spec markers and bulbs.
Fluid flush all around. Oil, coolant, brake fluid.

I have a few questions.

One, how rare is the factory PCM 2.0? Mine is equipped with it but I have no navigation CDs. So far, this is the only 986.2 I've seen with the option but I'm sure there are plenty.

Two, is there a quick fix for the horrendous radio signal? AM, FM, it doesn't matter. Poor reception.

Three, how do I adjust the date and time? The car shows a year 2000 currently which is entertaining as the car was built in March of 2003.

Four, my wood trim package includes the gauge surround. Mine is cracked near the hazzard trim. Anyone know where to source a second hand piece? I'm also looking for the gas door pull tab as mine is gone.

Finally, I think one of the Sachs shocks/struts might be on the way out. Who has used the Feal coilovers? I am considering going this route over the spring/shock combo if I need to replace.

Thanks in advance. Those are a few little things I've come up with so far. I look forward to participating in this community.

PKmode is offline   Reply With Quote