View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #5401
McHeinzky

Garage
Two good days and a bad one

Had two really good days with the Porsche before one bad day...

Good days:

Friday morning it was time to renew my registration and we passed safety and emissions with flying colors. I was planning on taking a long drive the next day so decided to finally upgrade the head unit so I could enjoy the comforts of bluetooth and apple carplay. Moved the climate controls to behind the stick and added a double DIN Kenwood unit. I was very pleased with the way it came out. I definitely prefer the look even though it meant abandoning my original intention of keeping as stock as possible.

Saturday, woke up early and took it out for a nearly 800-mile roundtrip drive from my home in St. Louis, Missouri to South Bend, Indiana to take in a football game at Notre Dame. My Boxster did the trip very well and I was very comfortable in it even though we drove through some snow and rain. I came home more in love with my car than ever before.

Bad day:

Sunday, clean the Porsche up from the road trip and head out to run a few errands and low and behold, I get backed into by a Jeep Grand Cherokee just hard enough to damage the front bumper and hood. The driver was nice though and her insurance will pick up the damage but man alive, I was supremely pissed. Car is drivable and fixable and of course no one was hurt and could've been worse but the situation is frustrating to say the least.