View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #54
marsheng

Read most of the posts and yes it is a tragedy. I keep thinking how the sympathetic view would be different if there were young children sleeping in the room that they hit.

We all do stupid things as kids. I broke a back axil in a customers car by dropping the clutch at 2am in the morning, but, my guess, is + 100 mph on a public road is downright wrong. I have had cars airborne before on hilly roads but the best I could to is maybe 10 feet. Second story of a building is another thing altogether.

We have problem here in Christchurch New Zealand. 12 to 16 year olds steel cars and ride at high speeds (60+ mph) in the city. When the cops find them sometimes there is a chase. 3 ended up dead 4 months ago when the car hit a tree and burst into flames. The kids are often from institutions and this is what the do for kicks. So this sort of scenario is nothing new here. It is reported 3-4 time a year in the paper.

You can do stupid things but when you put others at risk, its never right. They had no respect for their fellow men. :ah:
marsheng is offline   Reply With Quote