View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #1340
Greg Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
I have been eyeing Formula First or Formula 600 as a nice track playtoy. I not planning on heavy SCCA or ??? Running, just something for fun 6 or 7 times a year with PCA
I've seen quite a few different makes of cars run in PCA "Driving Education" events, but I've never seen a purpose-built car (formula or sports racer/prototype). Check with them, but I don't think they would allow such a low, light-weight car on track with the 3000# street cars for safety reasons. Also very different performance: the street cars would hold you up in the corners, then blow by you on the straights.

Maybe you could run an FST or F600 with NASA. Although even their unlimited class for purpose-built cars is all covered-wheel, as far as I've seen.

A place that's a little lower-stress place to race a formula car would be with the vintage organizations. There's been quite a resurgence in vintage Formula Ford lately.

There are lots of fun purpose-built track toys around with covered wheels that you could probably run with PCA, NASA, etc. Radical, Ariel Atom, Diaso, Exocet, etc. You might look on racingjunk.com, race-cars.com, or bringatrailer.com

Greg
Greg Holmberg is offline   Reply With Quote