View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:57 AM   #5372
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Oldcarguy, that is cool! Will the boxster's drivetrain support the swap without any upgrades? What kind of hp/torque are you looking from the upgrade?
Hi Ciao, because every build is different FSI doesn’t quote hp or torque gains in advance. We’ll have to wait for the dyno runs. Also, FSI is doing a custom 93 octane tune (included is their tuner which stores up to 5 tunes). They indicate that the custom tune will be more effective on my 550 SE due to the 987 intake parts and my Fabspeed mid pipes with the FVD Brombacher muffler. Probably minor improvements but worth the effort IMHO. So the dyno runs will reflect the sum of all parts.

The focus of the Stage 1+ engine is mid range torque more than hp. In any event, FSI says there is no problem with the stock 6 spd handling even their Stage 2 or race engines if the drivetrain is in good shape going in.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote