View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #15
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
hmmm.... another idea. Spray a light mist of red spray paint on your rotors, then go out and ease into the brakes gently, even just in the driveway, and then get out and look at what paint remains vs what's gone. You'll get an idea about pad-to-rotor contact.
I like this. Between it and the temp gun, I should be able to determine if one wheel is grabbing more or less than the others.

No PSM and car is a ‘99.
“Overnight” isn’t exactly right as I don’t drive it daily, but it was fine one day and had this problem the next time I drove it (noticed on first brake press when backing out).
I suppose it could be glazing, but I haven’t driven it hard in a while. The way it feels and my gut are both telling me it’s something mechanical, though...

The flush was done after the issue cropped up. It didn’t seem like a fluid issue, but it needed to be done anyway (I may have imagined the slight improvement after fluid change). The reservoir had been opened around the time the problem began to check the fluid moisture level, but nothing added.

I haven’t had much time to address it because of the move. Now we’re here, the weather has been great, and I can’t drive.
I hope to have time to hit it hard soon and get it solved.

Last edited by particlewave; 11-04-2019 at 07:19 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote