View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #9
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmo1232 View Post
The other end of the taped hose is the one that is circled and attached. The taped end is the disconnected hose from the attached other circle which is most likely the SAI unit.

Quote:
From the other posts below it seems like the taped end will lead to the EGR valve. However, I do not know where the EGR valve is located in relation to the rest of the engine. Hopefully, once I attach the hose those codes will go away! Just gotta find that connection first.
These engines use a secondary air injection system (SAI) which blows outside air into the exhaust . They do NOT have an Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve (EGR). We have pics of the SAI system posted in a variety of poses for you, but here's one more if it helps. Most of it is located on the right side of the engine under the intake manifold:

* Note, that picture is my 2001 Manual transmission model parts laid out. Your 2002 will not have B and C, and will have the additional attachments for the Tiptronic cooling.

Last edited by 78F350; 11-01-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Found the pic I was looking for
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote