View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:03 AM   #30
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
A few mod details.
I got rid of the heavy stock muffler and welded some pieces cut from a scrapped exhaust onto the 'C' pipes. I would have deleted the cats too, but considering the value vs the time available, I left them. It sounds great at high revs, but not too loud at idle.

For the single radiator, I cut the fork out of the long tubes and used hose to join the elbow on.

I had a problem with the Toyota radiator. The engine I have over-pressurizes the cooling system and the radiator cap was a weak point that leaked. I went to a single stock radiator. The way I have the radiator positioned it has good, direct airflow without bends and restrictions. The temp stayed on the '8' in 180, but I still lost coolant from the pressure relief valve in the tank.

I installed a lawnmower battery in the stock position with 3/8 rod to tie it down. It worked great, was light weight, and cost about $25.

The nitrous oxide system from Nitrous Express, was easy to install and worked great. Nitrous tank in the trunk and fuel from the fitting on the fuel rail. I had ordered a system with a mechanical wide-open-throttle switch, but they sent one that works 'fly-by-wire' with the throttle position sensor. The 'shark fin' fit perfectly where I removed the brake booster venturi from the intake tube. I may take the car to the drag strip in Tulsa and do some progressively stronger runs to finish off the engine.