View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #7
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Roadster View Post
I have a couple of questions I would like answered if possible.

First concerning using the spare tire...I currently have Pirelli tires on my P-car
Front: 225/40R18 Diameter - 25.1
Rear: 265/35R18 Diameter - 25.3
Spare tire: 105/95R17 Diameter - 24.9

So if I have a flat tire on a rear tire is it ok to use the spare or is the diameter difference going to screw with my tiptronic transmission ?....I seen someone say something about taking off the rear tire then taking off a front tire and putting it on the rear then put the spare on the front.

And I run NGK plugs in everything I own and I want to convert my 99 base 2.5L over to NGK's....So can someone confirm that it would be a NGK BKR6EK (2288) ?
No issue with the diameter difference, as with any tire adequate air pressure to support the load is critical. Make sure you have 60 psi in the spare, as long as you have that & don't exceed the capabilities of the spare you can drive indefinetly with it. Naturally handling & top speed will be reduced especially with the spare on the rear, so rotating the spare to the front helps drivability. I have driven a Oldsmobile about 350 miles in the heat of summer on a space saver with 4 people & trunk full of luggage.

As Josey Wales said : "A mans got to know his limitations"