View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #1
Han Solo

2002 Boxster tiptronic issues

Earlier this year I purchased a 2002 base Boxster with Tiptronic with 101,000 miles for a daily driver. It took a couple thousand to get it road worthy but the purchase price was low. It was run okay until several weeks ago the transmission began to slip during my commute. I brought it home in the trailer, changed trans fluid and filter. During subsequent test drives the slipping appears to still be present although not as bad. I decided to put my Foxwell scanner tool on it and the transmission is not throwing any codes. However, I did get misfire codes from the DME which is new. This car has been throwing emission codes regularly which I've researched and that's probably from intake and/or vacuum leaks. I've cleaned the AFM and that helped idle but it still threw the emission codes. Note that I have changed the AOS.

So several questions here...

If the torque converter or some other transmission component is failing with the transmission computer throw codes?

Could I be misidentifing the misfiring as slipping?

Bottom line, I rather not swop the transmission (or replace the torque converter) when what I really need to be fixing is the misfire.

Thanks for your input!

Note the metalics in the photo from the transmission sump prior to fluid and filter change.

'07 Cayman S - AS 17
'99 Boxster - ASP 14
Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote