View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 12:41 AM   #58
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Looks good, nice buy on the wheels & tires. One issue with the current Toyota radiator set-up that I don't like is that the fan blows directly on the brake reservoir and ABS unit. I don't know if it's hot enough to really be a problem, but it worries me. I'm going to cut a section of aluminum heat shield from the piece that goes over the transmission and use that to deflect the air across and up. If that doesn't work, just mount a fan on the other side instead.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most brake boosters in other cars live their life right above very hot exhaust manifolds. Sure cooler is better but I don't think the 180-190 air temp blowing on it will effect it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Newby here. Great thread! I'm at a little under 2,500, shooting for 2,300?. It's amazing how much extra weight is on Boxsters. Street legal and keeping the ac because Georgia. Will lower windshield and make a sort of spyder/918 type roof.

Thanks. Removing Interior and sound deadening pieces are where you'll get a lot of weight reduction. Even better if you go topless.