View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
Johnny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I just put a used 2.7 in my 99' and it wasn't that bad. I reused the 2.5 intake setup no extra wiring or flash needed.
Thank you for the info. Good to know if I just want to go with a straight forward setup I could just go this route with no tampering with the dme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
If you use the 2.7 you need to use the 2.7 intake manifold (the 2.5l manifold ports are too small for the 2.7 heads, they won’t line up at all). I took the harness off of my 2.5 and transferred it to the 2.7 manifold and used the 2.5 throttle body as well. The 2.7 has a flapper in the intake on the second by pass tube that you’ll need to plug the vacuum supply for. I’ve been told the 2.7 intake manifold is the same manifold the 3.2 uses so in theory you could use this approach to the 3.2 but I doubt the 2.5 tube could handle it. You’d need to get it reflashed. If you go this route feel free to reach to me to I just did it.

3.2L would be the route I would like to go but around here they are asking way to much for the engine. Plus Ill have to get the DME reflashed which Im sure isn't cheap. Reason why I was thinking of going with the 2.7L which are a bit more cheaper and a bit more easier to source. I was just wondering if I could use my existing DME without a reflash which Chi-Town was able to confirm.

Also if anyone here is from California have you had any issues with smog? Thats another concern I have.
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote