View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
Johnny5

1999 Porsche Boxster Engine Swap Questions.......

Another IMS sob story.....Anyways I was thinking of getting another 2.5L short block and move over the cylinder heads, etc over to that but after some thought figured it would probably be better to get an entire long block and just move over some of the things over. Other option I was thinking of was going with a 2.7L but from what Im hearing its better to just go 3.2L S Engine. 3.4L would be nice but don't want to spend a fortune on this either.

So a few questions...
If I opt to go with the 3.2L could I just get a long block and move over my existing parts like the manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifolds, etc...? I believe I read somewhere someone used the 2.5L intake manifold and used a early 996 throttle body. Would I be able to use the 3.2L throttle body? Also if I do go with the 3.2L do I have to get a new DME? Or Reflash or can I keep my exisiting and just use that as is?

Any thoughts, advice, etc would be great. Also any thoughts if I should just stick with the 2.5L or go with the 2.7L? Trying to keep things down on a budget if possible.

Thanks in advance
Johnny5 is offline   Reply With Quote