View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #42
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Charles runs an extensive machine shop, so he has no ability to test concepts in engines. Jake has an equally extensive engine prep and testing facility, and can evaluate and test ideas and components to destruction. Charles has used Jake's abilities and facility for many years to evaluate products of all types, some of which never saw daylight.

As for the Solution, if memory serves, Jake and either developed or was in the process of developing the Solution when Charles approached him about the idea for an open ceramic hybrid bearing, which after substantial testing at Jake's facility become the LN retrofit product(s). Jake completed his development of the Solution, and then patented it before LN began production of it and released it to the public. As the patent holder, I'm sure Jake gets a residual off the Solution kits that LN produce; which is exactly why patents exist.

As for my comment about your "opinion", that was directed at the EPS product, not Jake or Charles relationship. They are both business men, and as other have commented, very nice guys as well. But as astute business men, I would hardly expect them to act otherwise.
So you agree that Jake stands to make a profit from the sale of IMS Solutions. Which was my point exactly: He's pushing a product.

Unless, of course, he sold his patent to LN outright, in which case he made a lump sum and gets nothing more from the sales. But if he did that, he'd still have a awkward relationship with them if he turned around and said there's a better product out there, like I dunno... EPS?

Last edited by piper6909; 10-10-2019 at 03:55 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote