View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #13
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
The all aluminum magnetic oil drain plug came today....Under $4 including shipping. They come anodised in a few colors Red, Blue, Black and the original aluminum.

It's been a while on this last post. But I just wanted to say, I have the Fumoto valve on my VW Sportswagon and it's a must. Oil pan drain plugs that are steel like the VW's strip the threads on the oil pans very easy. The last time I tried to get the original drain plug back in my VW it took many tries and then I was not sure if I was in trouble wrenching it slowly. That's why I installed the Fumoto. I just drained the oil on the VW last week and just a second or two it's open and draining the oil. By the time it was all out I had removed the oil filter and installed the new one and torqued down the cap. Once the Fumoto valve is closed in went the new oil.
The reason I did away with the original Porsche drain plug was to prevent stripping the hexed portion of the plug. It's soft metal and it happens. Even torqued properly you have to pull fairly hard to loosen. It can be scary I hear and it was for me Now I don't worry about stripping with this new drain plug.