View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:11 AM   #15
Blue99

So like a few other owners the boxster I bought had this strange issue of on long left bends or when driving hard and changing gears
the car would produce a smoke screen that James Bond would be proud of!!
at first I thought the AOS was getting tired so that was changed for another original but still the same thing happened .
its quite obvious that what was happening is the AOS is getting overwhelmed and neat oil is being pulled into the inlet manifold
so the fix I made was to put an oil catch tank plumbed in between the AOS and the inlet but a catch tank with 3 ports two at the top 15mm and one at the bottom corner 8mm
‘this 8mm port was connected to a one way valve then plumbed into the oil filler pipe of the engine this avoids the sump being over vacuumed by the inlet giving the same symptoms as a failed AOS and making the oil filler cap impossible to remove when the engines running .
so on test no white smoke from the exhaust at all...... NOTHING
on inspection of the catch tank there was evidence of oil being sucked up and evidence that this had simply drained back into the sump when cruising as the vacuum was low enough for the one way valve to let the oil drain back
the catch tank is mounted in the boot behind the carpet so can’t be seen and apart from periodic glances is fit and forget with no oil being lost from the system
Blue99 is offline   Reply With Quote