View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
Pepik

Garage
No signal at SAI relay

Hi guys,

I've been fighting the P0410 and P1411 CEL codes for a while now without much success on my 2002 Boxster S. Long story short, I don't seem to be getting a signal at the relay when I activate the SAI pump via my Durametric (or on cold startup). I noticed it when I installed Particlewave's handy-dandy device, but it never powered up. I confirmed that there's no signal with my multimeter at the relay socket. I'm not quite sure where to go from here. Where does that come from, and why wouldn't there be a signal?

Possibly-related oddity, my engine compartment fan will come on for a few minutes more than once after I turn the car off, like 3-4 times. Woody mentioned that his cars haven't done that, I just assumed it was normal, but maybe not?

I'm tempted to give in and reflash to ROW, but would like other options. Also, if I do reflash, any recommendations on best /cheapest places to do it? I'm in Austin, if that helps. I would like to not be without my car for a week.

Thanks for any help, and if my search-fu has failed me, apologies and kindly point me in the right direction.