View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #11
Emerald

A new twist on coolant loss

Since we all “like” a mystery — was getting coolant puddle in front of right rear tire and ended up replacing the water pump. All seemed well for a few days but then progressively started smelling hot coolant more and more. Also the level went down to about an inch of the bottom of the reservoir when off overnight. I thought maybe an air bubble at first as it purged but then did it again. Lost close to about .5 gal of coolant with not a dip on the floor. Checked under carpet in trunk and there’s a little like .3 cup of fluid on bottom. Thought maybe overfilled or dreaded cracked res. Noticed about 2 drops near top on side of res. Checked oil cap and No white. Ok hears where I’m rightly ready to be ridiculed. I was in a hurry while testing the coolant leak and bought a resevior cap for 8 bucks at Oreilly’s. I had home made a pump to pressurize the res before so maybe should give it another go? Not sure why but engine seems rougher running than norm. All help and barbs welcomed. Thx. Craig
2008 Toyota 4Runner
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote