View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #53
danstub

Thanks

Thanks to all who have posted in this thread. It made the install of the TR7412UB-OR much easier. Special thanks to ryanjboutin on shaving down the plastic tabs on the side of the opening so that the frame slides in easily. Otherwise, I would have assumed that I had received the incorrect frame.

My 2000 986 has the M490 amp AND the Porsche rear speaker kit. This was a bit of a problem because the M490 harness from BERGVILLFX does not have the ability to connect both the front amp / speakers and the rear speakers. I hadn't paid any attention when I originally installed the rear speaker kit, I just plugged in the brown connector that came with the kit into the B connector on the back of the Becker radio. Turns out that the B connector is for speaker level outputs and that the M490 and front speakers are driven from the C connector line outputs. After some back and forth email with Tore Bergvill he made the correct harness for me, and it works great.

Other learnings from the install:

You will need the Becker keys to pull the Becker radio.

The Continental comes with its own frame and keys.

The kit comes with a SWRC (Steering Wheel Remote Control) cable. Not sure why, the documentation says that it "is not compatible with any known car models".

You can stream music, or whatever, in BT mode.

I ended up using the remote mic. We tried both the front panel mic and the remote mic and my wife said the sound quality was better with the remote mic. I mounted it on top of the steering column.

danstub is offline   Reply With Quote