View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 03:46 AM   #1
YellowS2000

To spray or not to spray... that is the question

Hi Chaps
I need advice as I can make my mind up wether to have my beloved SY 2000 S fully externally repainted or am I being too critical of a 19 year old car.

Before I start l must explain that I paid £5100 for the car 4 years ago and in that time have put 12,000 miles on her, she been nothing but 100% reliable and a joy to drive and to look at so in my mind even if I pushed it into a lake tomorrow financially the car owes me nothing.

The car is pretty much immaculate.... so why am I tempted to have her externally repainted? After slight scuffing the side last month I had her repaired and the tiny blister under the vent cut out and plated (common fault on uk Boxster due to the water trap behind the vent). Although the body shop tightly sprayed the base coat yellow they cleared the whole panel as is the norm but again the door and boot wide it looks more yellow due to the Original Speed Yellow fading.The back bumper too is a bit yellower as I had that sprayed 2 years ago due to a bit of lacquer peel.

The only real solution is to repaint the whole car. Commercially im not bothered that I could be looking at £3000 for a quality job, I know Ill never see that money back or increase the cars value any but as Im never selling this car none of the seems to matter

Should I live with it or have it done.
Attached Images

YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote