View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #76
Terryg

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
Do you drive your Boxster on the street at redline all the time, or do you use the entire rev range? Personally, I rarely ever go near redline when driving on the street in my car.

What BY is saying is that you want headers that will work over the expected rev range. Most people aren't flogging their cars at redline on the street, so the headers should be tuned to work well from 2K to 7K. You can tune an exhaust to make maximum power at redline, but then the car won't have much torque and will be a dog to drive in a normal manner.
Mine is not an every day car, when I drive it for fun (in the company of many other Boxsters) we would use the entire rev range from 3000 upwards all the way to the redline. but all in the lowers gears on what we call "B" roads. These are narrow, twisty and largely empty, perfect Boxster territory.

I certainly don't want to get into an online row but there seems to be an awful lot of work done to that car just to potter around. Like I say maybe it is just different driving styles and priorities, the idea that was put forward was so alien to the way we use our cars I thought it might be a typo
Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote