View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #4
Vtx531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Are you using the worm drive clamp? Snug that thing down tight.

Are you using the spring clamp? You should.

Are you certain 100% the boot is attached? Feel around front and back and make sure the entire boot is seated on and against the flange.

Report back.
Yes, using a screw clamp. The boot was all deformed though. Like cheap vinyl/rubber not good quality from Uro Parts. I had it on good but the boot was so out of shape so I think it came off because of that.

I ordered the genuine Porsche with the boot this morning. The spring clamp was 2 day extra wait for shipping so I am going with the screw clamp for now. Is that a bad decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
The 2001 engine should have a boot on bottom of the AOS. The '03 and '04 don't. Your engine may be a remanufactured engine. Does the Engine serial number have an "AT" in it? The remanufactured engines may have characteristics of the later engines.
Not sure if it is reman I am away from home now. I think it was the right one with the bellows (screws on the side) so it must just be due to the poor quality from Uro parts.

I am discovering with this car on many issues that aftermarket parts will cause problems!! (Waterpump especially)
Vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote