View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
Hasbro

Athens, Ga., "Street Rat"

Hello, Hasbro here. I came over from GrassRootsMotorsports forum so some of you (Javelin, AAZCD) may be familiar with me. I'm in a rural area 20 miles from Athens towards Greenville, SC. I bought a 99 base 986 a couple of weeks ago from the Charlotte area that has been owned by a couple of GRM guys. 150,000 miles, a bit tired, ready for bushings, dampers, linkage, arms, etc.. It's had a couple of bumps so it's not a show queen. The motor/drive train feels very good.

My intention is to pull as much weight off, clean and tighten everything up, dyno tune to a mild level, and build for the corners. Street legal and not built to fit into any sanctioned group, so, lots of suspension leeway. Just a fun 986 for blasting around curvy country roads and occasional autoxing for suspension tuning and a trackday every now and then. I will custom fab a bikini type convertible. I would also like to play with using the frunk and trunk for aero development.

I hope I don't offend the purists and look forward to being an active member here. Since there isn't a specific build section here where do you recommend placing a build page for such a project?

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote