View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
Vtx531

Pulled the AOS today. Pretty easy job. The lower hose quick connector was already broken from the last guy (he owned a shop) but it seems to be sealing fine.

I inspected the bellows and besides the fact that it seems out of shape (maybe from heat) I was able to reinstall and tighten a screw type hose clamp but I don’t like the fact that there is no lip on the metal fitting the bellows goes on to. Seems like it can easily come off again in the future.

The AOS was a uro parts one so obviously replaced before. Previous owners used cheap parts all over this car. For example the brake rotor hats are all rusted. Annoying.

Smoke test after was good. No smoke and the system seemed like it was holding a bit of pressure.

I pulled the negative terminal of the battery to try and reset the ECU. Let it stay disconnected for about 10 mins. When I reconnected it the car ran really rough, missing and knocking a bit (through the intake). I would have though that would reset the fuel trims and it should have ran a lot better initially? Ended up smoothing out after a minute and runs good now. No check engine light yet.

What is the proper way to reset fuel trims or ecu on this vehicle?

I think I’ll leave the uro AOS in there but maybe put on a OEM bellows. Any opinions? There was a little bit of oil in the intake but no smoke out the exhaust.
Vtx531 is offline   Reply With Quote