View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #15
longislander1

I'd go for the Infiniti now and trade up to a Porsche later. Also, as cars continue to get better and better, I'm not sure your next choice will be limited to a Porsche. As I read all of the stories about Porsche's spotty dealer service, problems such as RMS and other kinds of engine failures, and the secretiveness of the manufacturer, I'm not sure MY next car will be a Porsche. The problems seem to be pretty widespread for a manufacturer with such limited production. If you took all of these stories and replaced the brand with "Cadillac," you'd probably say, "Well, what do you expect from GM?" But when you're spending $60k from a manufacturer with a mythical reputation for engineering and you end up with a low-mileage engine failure (as I've read about here and on other boards a number of times), you have to think twice about Porsche.

As Porsche continues to expand its product line, while ignoring both manufacturing defects and its customers, other brands will start to look better. If I had my druthers today, I'd seriously consider a BMW 330i. The sticker is over $16K less than my '05 987S and you appear to get an awful lot more for your money, including free routine service (as opposed to Porsche's $250 oil changes). If BMW would produce a Z4M that had a higher quality interior and wasn't so weird looking, it, too, would be a much better value than a 987S.

My point is that you should go for the reliability and performance of the Infiniti, work your way up in the world and by the time you're ready for a Porsche, there will be many other choices.
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote