View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #66
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Generally speaking installing most catless headers will decrease low RPM torque which is what gets the car moving & the headers increase power at high rpm. That's why I sold my headers & bought Fabspeed sport cat manifolds for my 3.6 litre.
I tend to agree there is a trade off with exhaust , I wonder if smaller tube straight headers ( no cats ) help with torque vs. larger diameter ? I made 252 lb ft of torque recently with mine and I have cheap Chinese headers , no cats , cat delete pipes and a stock muffler with PSE style bypass pipes . I also made over 282 hp at the wheels which would suggest my setup flows pretty well . Common sense tells me going with a larger diameter exhaust will yield more HP but " may " give up too much torque . It is a fine line . Have you dyno'd your setup ?
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote