View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #14
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreissenweber1 View Post
It's been awhile and much has happened/progressed ..

1st and foremost, I've had my 2nd (of 3) chemical treatments for PTSD .. and all I can say is .. AMAZING**** .. a life changer ..

IF any of you are a vet battling with it .. or know of a loved one/ good friend who is .. my PM is open .. please**** ..

I sincerely wish to thank all who have responded to this thread (and so many more who have merely contributed to the discussions here that I have read) ..

two take-aways were key for me ..

1) focus on exactly the model and ALL the options you want****

2) no hurry**** .. THE car will find ~you~

so part of my daily routine was reviewing new**** boxster nationwide price/mileage/options .. over time questioning just how important each option was .. aware I was in the driver's seat and ready to wait .. patiently****

and then ~this~ appeared on local craigslist ..

'98 .. one owner .. 5 speed manual .. 70 K miles .. well maintained and that ocean jade metallic**** .. I just had to see it 'in the flesh' .. a 15 minute 'spin' turned into an hour and a half with top down and .. I was captivated ..

sad to say I ultimately passed .. benign neglect verified by the PPI .. but I did learn that it IS a '98/'99 I want .. and every last option I can find ..

the search continues .. next up a zenith blue this weekend ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Glad to here the chemical treatments help, maybe that would help my new Step Dad.