View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #62
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Old subject, but.. What about 987 headers, would oem 987 headers fit? Would 987 equal length aftermarket headers be even better than the cheap 986 equal length headers?

I know I always have a lot of questions, but soon I hope to be providing answers also :-) The thing is that I really plan to do "the big bang" with intake, exhaust and custom tune.. I want to understand it all before I start. The roadmap looks like this:

1) ASAP: Headers, I´m a bit afraid that the bolts are totally rusted/stuck and needs to be drilled out, you know.. So I will adress this first, while the car is still running so I can take it to a pro garage if I get stuck.
2) Midpipes with 200cel cats, when the headers are in place I do this.
3) During winter: Hope to be able to build my own "end system/cat back" I have some fun ideas I can´t wait to try out.
During the winter I also plan to do the whole intake part, airbag, MAF, throttle, plenum 996 intake.
4 Springtime: Time for a custom tune and possible get some figures from the dyno.

So.. This is why I´, all over the forum and asking things about intake AND exhaust.. bear with me..

987 exhaust manifolds will bolt-on to the engine but it will require custom pipes to be fabricated to the muffler. I have a set of 987 Fabspeed manifolds with cats that I bought to install on my Box S but recently got a set of 986 Fabspeed manifolds & cat delete pipes for a good deal I am installing instead.
I will be selling the 987 Fabspeed manifolds soon.