View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 11:52 PM   #61
Robert986

Garage
Old subject, but.. What about 987 headers, would oem 987 headers fit? Would 987 equal length aftermarket headers be even better than the cheap 986 equal length headers?

I know I always have a lot of questions, but soon I hope to be providing answers also :-) The thing is that I really plan to do "the big bang" with intake, exhaust and custom tune.. I want to understand it all before I start. The roadmap looks like this:

1) ASAP: Headers, I´m a bit afraid that the bolts are totally rusted/stuck and needs to be drilled out, you know.. So I will adress this first, while the car is still running so I can take it to a pro garage if I get stuck.
2) Midpipes with 200cel cats, when the headers are in place I do this.
3) During winter: Hope to be able to build my own "end system/cat back" I have some fun ideas I can´t wait to try out.
During the winter I also plan to do the whole intake part, airbag, MAF, throttle, plenum 996 intake.
4 Springtime: Time for a custom tune and possible get some figures from the dyno.

So.. This is why I´, all over the forum and asking things about intake AND exhaust.. bear with me..

Last edited by Robert986; 09-06-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote