View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #5224
Fiddlebog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
Finally found the time to wire and install my OEM manual radiator fan switch and garage door opener. I still need to hookup the night illumination but it will have to wait because I want to replace some other wiring at the same time. (I cringe when I look at photos of the wiring I did 12 years ago.) Some very basic info, all the fan switch does is ground pin 85 from the high speed fan relays. I had a basic on/off switch for the last few months, but wanted everything to look original. Because OEM switches are momentary switches I used a latching relay, this also allows the switch LED to illuminate once the fan switch has been triggered.

Because I only have one garage door both sides of the switch are wired together and the wires are soldiered to my garage door opener circuit board. I have very limited soldering experience, and this took me longer than I care to admit.

I did lose the "PORSCHE" decal I had on my old batwing, I think I may get an arctic silver "986" decal for this new batwing. I have more info about the wiring for the fan relay mod on my website, and I will create a DIY when I have time.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that helped me figure out the wiring for this project!

I haven't seen one of those before; very cool! I also like the idea of a "986" decal.
'03 S - Orient Red (sold)
Fiddlebog is offline   Reply With Quote