View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #11
boxlover

You guys are starting to make me scared... I have a friend with a 00 986 he bought it used with 21k on the clock, it currently has 39k and he has done nothing other then oil changes and a battery. I have a number of boxsters that come in, along with 993's, 996's and a small handful of 997's and they all seem fairly trouble free.... or maybe the owners are hiding it from me.

I had a new caddy a number of years ago and owning that car was like joint custody with the dealership, which is why I went japanese and now I am spoiled with the reliability. If constant problems are part of owning the car then its not for me, I just like a car that is fun to drive and works. I know the S2000 seems like another possible choice, but to me it seems less practical then the boxster and I really want a car with more torque(my main complaint with the Acura).

I'll remain open minded about this, but honestly based on the replies so far I am not interested in getting a car if its going to be problems... in this day and age that seems like a very foolish thing to do, image is not that important to me.
boxlover is offline   Reply With Quote