Thread: LED Sill Plates
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #18
Tweetdriver63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
I like those lights alot. I updated mine with the 718 lights...they look good imo and give it an updated look in the rear. Video of them on my ride.

https://youtu.be/w0ljVmhwuwE

If you really want to update the interior do a total re-upholster of the seats. That is what I get most compliments on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I can see why! Those seats look the great!

I bought this car really as a placeholder until I buy my next Lotus (an Evora S), which I expect to get in the next year or so. It's just waiting on a house to sell, and one or two other financial commitments to be up.

Anyway, I really do like the Boxster, It's my fourth Porsche over the years, and I too get complements on it all the time, despite it not being that special (as Porsches go). However, as a result, I'm planning on a leather restoration at a local shop at $100/seat, in hopes of avoiding a costly re-trim. My seats really just show their age on the outboard bolsters of both seats, but there are no tears or any really bad places.

I'm just about done with the upgrades for this car. It hasn't ever had the IMS bearing done, so I'm thinking about that. I'm also very tempted to do another exterior lighting upgrade (I'd like the HID headlights and the LED taillights with the dynamic turn signals I shared in an earlier comment), but it's a wait and see.

I did do another small thing yesterday. All three of my previous Porsches (1970s vintage 911T and two 914s) had the classic PORSCHE side stripes. I just added those to the Boxster, and I think they look great too. Very inexpensive on eBay at $39. They kind of look white in the picture, but they're actually light grey. I also recently painted the side vent grates using a color labeled "aluminum," and I think they really tie in well with the new stripes, my rims, and the Boxster logo on the trunk.

Tweetdriver63 is offline   Reply With Quote