View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 06:17 AM   #218
Fiddlebog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPCAR View Post
HELP!! I have been searching for months for a Boxster to get before my 30th birthday. I found one with only a week left. Here is the dilemma: 2001 Red Boxster S, 80,000 miles, $7000. Just had the IMS, Flywheel, Clutch, RMS, new transmission mounts and new left side axle, and Oil change for $4,454 at a local (and reputable) indy shop. Parts $3045.55 and Labor $1078. Current owner also upgraded the audio with some decent, but basic stuff. My issue: REBUILT TITLE from a total loss accident in 2010.

Known issues: It needs new front tie-rods, alignment, driver-side window motor or regulator needs replacing, replacement washer reservoir, a major cleaning and detailing (cobwebs and leaves in the forward boot), convertible motor sounds like a dinosaur scream. It appears the front bumper cover is also sagging. And the rest is cosmetic.

Would you buy this for $6000-$7000? If not, what would you pay?
Is the afore mentioned repair cost a fair market repair cost?
I wouldn't say that you need to steer clear of it, but that does seem a bit high for a rebuilt title. None of the remaining repairs you need to do are very difficult/expensive, but it's still a burden to take on with a new car. The IMS is nice, but considering the amount of work that's been done, it would be kind of sad if it hadn't been.
I certainly wouldn't pay 7 for it, and even 6 seems high. I think 5ish would be just fine though, since it is an S.
'03 S - Orient Red (sold)
Fiddlebog is offline   Reply With Quote