View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #334
ThreeSheds
ThreeSheds

Another Crios convert...

2004 Boxster S

I have read every Crios post there is on this and other forums (fora?) and have not seen one negative comment, so I decided to risk it...

First I tried drilling, but the jumping bit was way too uncontrolled for me, however it did put a few scars in the pipe wall that helped with the next thing I tried which was poking it up the bum with a sharp stick... Well not exactly, it was a sharpened piece of bar that I found lying about. It's about 14mm across and square section and I made an asymmetric point to give it best chance of digging in...

Anyway - it was remarkably easy - I didn't even have to hit it that hard - and now I have a nice square bypass hole in each of the outlet pipes.

If you are thinking of doing this - go ahead! It's amazing.

The car used to sound (to my ears) very tame - like a normal saloon (until the induction howl sets in), but now it sounds (again, to my ears) absolutely fabulous. It sounds like a sports car should but is not too loud. It's the Goldilocks of exhaust notes. And it didn't cost me a penny... To get the same effect on my motorcycle I had to spend £260, an now that's a bit too loud

Crios - thank you, thank you, thank you...
ThreeSheds is offline   Reply With Quote