View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
1PorscheBoxster986
A Porsche Guy

When I had the issue with bad MAF sensor, I didn't buy a new one. It's crazy expensive. I purchased a used MAF sensor making sure it was the latest revision. It's the Bosch 98660612501 a few years back. There might be a new revision out but that was the latest one for my 01 at that time. I bought it off eBay and the seller was (qualityporscheparts) who I have had good luck with several times.

I tried cleaning the MAF sensor & throttle body like you with CRC products but CEL came back on after a quick drive. It cost me $40 and it's been running great since. I'm not sure that it matters but the used MAF sesnor was listed with around 30K miles of usage at the time.

Changing the MAF sensor requires you to have a security torx bit. I had to buy a cheap set on eBay that cost like $8. It came with magnetic security torx bits among other bits that are not common. I don't recall resetting anything but if I did, I used a cheap OBD2 bluetooth with TorquePro smartphone app. It's a very easy job like paulofto said. You just have to put your softtop in service mode and get access to the engine. You will see it.

Last edited by 1PorscheBoxster986; 08-18-2019 at 12:41 PM.
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote