View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #24
racer_troy

loose rear = bad tires?

Vijen6,

When I first got my 986 I had worn out Hankooks and cold make the rear end do just about anything I wanted to with throttle inputs: on and off quickly (not even abruptly) would cause the rear to swing wildly at first until I got accustom to it behaviors. If you have access to some large, safe piece of asphault near you (school, church, shopping center), go there early early sunday morning and play aroundn with throttle inputs to get used to the cars handling with your tires. Try accerating hard through the left hander and see how that feels. That should be real steady and feel good. Next, try changing throttle position mid turn; both accerlating and lifting off. I suspect you will be able to reproduce your wild oversteer. Next, learn the inputs, how much is too much and when. This should help alot.

Also, I would really consier replacing your tires with something extra sticky. You will be all the happier for it. If you like the Falken's (which it sounds like you do) surf on over to edgeracing.com and look up some RT-615's. They should really really help to bring your boxster back under your control.

good luck.

cheers,

--troy
racer_troy is offline   Reply With Quote