View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
rexcramer
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Durametric Questions

I finally opened up the piggy bank for a good used laptop (PC Liquidators in Florida) and a Durametric cable. This makes trouble shooting so much easier. Still a lot to learn and figure out.

1. Durametric sells an OEM 50' extension cable for $59. Has anybody just used a USB cable extension instead? I have several of those in my computer drawer. Somewhat gun shy to just try it without asking.

2. Data base for values. While you can search by P-codes in the forum's archives for values. It would be nice to have a 'sticky' with groupings of values, i.e. cam deviations, O2 sensors, MAF readings, etc. Does that exist already and I just can't find it?

3. CA smog/registration was due and I had the generic P0102 MAF CEL I had to remedy. Couldn't find a vacuum leak or anything else wrong. With the Durametric, I also found P1720 (Tip Trans module) 'load signal.' I had not seen that prior with my generic OBD tool. I reset both and charged up the local canyon. Checked it again and everything was set and ready for the smog check. Passed easily, cleansing breath and all is right with the world. +/- 200 miles and it hasn't returned. I can't find much on the P1720. Does anybody have any insight what was going on? How are they connected?

4. 'Work Session Log' Can they only be read through the OEM program or can they be exported as a CSV file, etc.? I am looking to capture screen shots or a log history so I can create my own database of 'normal' values.

Thanks in advance, safe travels.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote