View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
AkiRofe

Question Flooded control unit under passenger seat 2002 Boxster

Hi is everyone well?

I am very glad I found this community of us!

I am from Sydney and have just bought a 2002 Boxster (FYI dark blue with cream leather <3 - as I failed to attach a photo to this post using my iPhone as it gave a JPEG thingy error message - please help?) - why I didn't acquire this wonderful thing before and wasted my time with other cars I don't know!

Eventual I started driving everywhere with the roof down - even in winter �� And eventually got caught in one of the heavy rains here.

I didn't suspect anything after that rain but when I got the car in to a Porsche dealer for diagnose with a knocking noise, the technician told me the control box under the passenger seat is full of water and it made the remote locking unstabe.

I didn't want to spend money yet before a research so brought the car back home.

After that I notice the headlights are not working neither hinh nor low beam. But, if I hold the stoke in then the high beam works.

I am not sure if it is like this before the rain or not. But think it could be the 'control box'.

As I would like to save if I could fix it myself, and before I have to Google a lot (very new just 4 weeks with Porsche and no knowledge at all), could you please help me:

1. Is it easy for me to replace the control box myself? If yes:

2. Which second hand (good idea or should be brand new?) Control Box [part number] I should find please?

3. Which drain(s) that was blocked and caused this? How to check ALL other drains please?

4. Any other regular check I should perform on the car after purchasing and how often I should do them please?

5. Please also help with my knocking engine noise on a separated post after this.

Thank you very much guys!!!

Kind Regards,

TIM QUACH
Architecta.com.au | Director
M. 0420946997
Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture Design, Master of Architecture Computing - University of New South Wales 2005
Certified Autodesk Revit Professional 2011

Last edited by AkiRofe; 08-15-2019 at 04:56 PM.
AkiRofe is offline   Reply With Quote