View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #20
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelepuls View Post
Team Oxford, this is odd, I’m on my third AOS since acquiring the 01S. The first was installed by the previous owner (Uro brand), second I installed to fix an oil leak (aftermarket, lasted about 1 year), current is a Porsche brand aos (1 year), which threw up a smoke bomb recently. It happened the day after I added a half quart of oil. Could it have been caused by residual oil in the filler tube? I tested it by opening the oil cap and it did sputter when the oil cap was off. Lately, it’s been working fine, no smoke bombs. What is the chances that this Porsche brand AOS is bad again. Seems like I’m going through AOS at an alarming rate. The car is running great though. Let me know if I’m being paranoid.
URO is short for U Replace Often. I bought a URO control arm from Pelican parts the bushing fell out of place within miles. Pelican parts refused to do anything about it. That's why I stopped buying from them.