View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 03:48 AM   #25
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
Basically you have the gist...

However...

Pumping up bleeder is not like inflating an air mattress by mouth - LOL. It's maybe 15-20 pumps (I dunno something like 20-30 seconds) max. Toddler water wings for the pool hold more air and at higher pressure - HA! If you're winded from pumping a power bleeder then please stay out of the driver's seat on public roads as you've got serious health issues and are putting other drivers at unnecessary risk.

When using a power bleeder dry I doubt you'll need to add fluid more than once to the reservoir for bleeding (maybe a slight top off at end to get to correct level - but usually I'm bleeding excess off at driver side corner to bring down to correct level). Maybe one or two pumps to bring pressure back up between corners but usually the whole axle can be done when starting at 18psi.

Good luck
It's a ****************ing bug sprayer with a pressure guage. Winded? WTF are you talking about?

I did take a look at the reservoir and I see what you're talking about. It's much larger than the reservoir on my Edge or bim. Thus, what you describe (top off) makes sense.

Who pumps up an air mattress with their mouth? It's 2019.

Thank you. Have a nice day.